Liskeard Town Council – 2020 Archive
The Town Council usually meets every two months and is supported by the Town Clerk, Mr Steve Vinson who can be contacted on email@example.com .
We are committed to public participation, engagement and consultation. Members of the public are welcome to put their views at a meeting directly to the Council or Committee when local issues are being considered. Full details of speaking at a meeting can be found here. Speaking at Meetings
Our vision for Liskeard
A thriving and inclusive community which serves as the commercial and cultural hub of South East Cornwall
Liskeard Town Council will work towards this vision by taking action directly, in partnership with others, and by using its influence, to deliver the following aims:
- Build a strong local community which is proactive, involved, resilient, cohesive and proud of where we live
- Support the growth of good quality local jobs and businesses, strengthen the local food and farming sector and attract new investment
- Deliver the development priorities which the community has set out in the Neighbourhood Plan
- Improve social and leisure facilities in Liskeard
- Protect and enhance the culture and heritage of the town
- Facilitate the development of transport and technology infrastructure to meet our current and future needs
- Promote and market Liskeard as the commercial and cultural centre for South East Cornwall
- Develop and promote the Council’s assets for the benefit of the community
In support of these aims we will also:
- Sustain Liskeard Town Council as an effective and financially sound organisation which is in touch with the needs and wishes of local people
- Take pride in our Civic duties
- We welcome and encourage participation
- We are proud of Liskeard and optimistic about its future
- We are here to serve the whole community, especially those in most need
- We co-operate with others to achieve our goals
- We focus on getting things done
PDF versions of agendas and minutes are available below – the signed originals are held at the Town Council office and can be inspected by the public.
Agenda & Minutes Archive
Agendas and Supporting Documents
The Annual Meeting and Mayor Choosing did not go ahead on 20 May 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Annual Town Meeting and Community Champions Awards 21 April 2020
The Annual Town Meeting didn’t go ahead due to the coronavirus pandemic. But we’ve kept all the nominations for community champions and, when we can, we will be having a major celebration of the people carrying out great work in our community, before and during the Coronavirus outbreak.