Liskeard Museum Digital Image Project – Call for film & photography professionals – Closing Date Friday 11th June 2021
- Expressions of Interest are invited from photography professionals to provide face to face training and technical support to the volunteer and student members of the Museum Digital Image Project Team. The project team will be creating quality images of collection objects using equipment supplied by the museum and receiving on-line training opportunities. The team will consist of individuals from the age of 16 years with varying degrees of experience. It is anticipated that face to face training and support will take place at the Liskeard & District Museum one half day or 3hr session per week over a three month period this summer. Some flexibility will be required to accommodate volunteers and students.
- Expressions of Interest are also invited from film professionals to provide face to face training and technical support to the volunteer and student members of the Museum Digital Image Project Team. The project team will be creating 3D immersive film tours using equipment supplied by the museum and receiving on-line training opportunities. The team will consist of individuals from the age of 16 years with varying degrees of experience. It is anticipated that face to face training and support will take place at the Liskeard & District Museum and on location (Bodmin Moor) one half day or 3hr session per week over a six month period this summer. Some flexibility will be required to accommodate volunteers and students.
Successful applicants will be expected to help to develop skills, confidence and entrepreneurial drive of those involved in the project and support them in developing a community developed production.
Proposals for both projects can be combined.
For further information, please contact Karen Partington, Museum Coordinator
Liskeard & District Museum.
Please submit your proposal no later than 11th June 2021 to:
Liskeard & District Museum
Cornwall PL14 3JE
Project Aims & Objectives
- To reach out to new & existing audiences providing alternative access to our collections and the natural and industrial environment surrounding Liskeard.
- To provide resources for education and wellbeing in the community generating knowledge and pride in the town, it’s history and future development.
- To develop community involvement in the activities of the museum.
- To work in partnership with local creative businesses to provide training and experience relevant to career development.
- To work in partnership with local organisations supporting disabled or disadvantaged individuals to facilitate access to the museum community, displays, events and activities.
As part of the project team comprising community volunteers, students, historical advisors and museum coordinator, your role will be to provide technical training and support for volunteers and work experience students in producing quality digital photographic record of the museum collection and or produce 3D/VR tour experience of the industrial moorland landscape with edited overlay and speech information.
Your tuition will provide learning opportunities and digital media skills for the museum community of volunteers to enable them to continue to produce footage and images for future exhibitions as well as work experience and career skills for students. It should Inspire confidence, encourage artistic development and inspire innovative ideas.
Liskeard & District Museum is in the process of applying for funding for the Digital Image Project. We are expecting to apply for £15K from The Arts Council England National Lottery Grants.
Some of the funding for continued work may need to be derived from another funding application and we would work with you to develop that.
The film &/photography professional will be engaged on a self-employed basis and will be responsible for their own tax and national insurance payments.
Liskeard & District Museum is governed and strategically managed by Liskeard Town Council
Additional Information and responses to questions:
Is the 15K funding just for the professional tuition or is hardware earmarked out of that too? (27/5/2021)
The 15K (if we get it) is all earmarked for the professional tuition over both parts of the project. We have already purchased equipment such as SLR camera, 3D camera, Video camera, stabilizer, tripod and a high spec PC. Just waiting on a couple of them to arrive