‘Be responsible. Be respectful’
We ask our residents and visitors to act responsibly and remain cautious as Covid restrictions are lifted. From 19th July most legal restrictions will be lifted as we move to step 4 of the government’s roadmap. But, while case numbers remain high, it is important everybody continues to act carefully and takes steps to help reduce the spread of the virus.
Please respect any rules individual shops and businesses have put in place for the safety and peace of mind of their staff and customers and continue to wear masks in crowded public spaces and on public transport.
From 19th July:
- You will not need to stay two metres apart from people you don’t live with
- There will be no limits on the number of people you can meet
- Face coverings will no longer be required by law, but it is expected and recommended that face coverings are worn in crowded areas and on public transport
- There will no longer be limits on the number of people who can attend weddings, civil partnerships, funerals and other life events
Covid-19 has not gone away, but you can take measures to keep yourself and others safe. They include:
- Getting vaccinated – both jabs! If you have not yet been vaccinated, or it has been 8 weeks since your first jab, you can book a vaccination appointment online
- Testing twice a week at home with Lateral Flow Tests – these can be collected from Boots and Day Lewis pharmacies or you can order an LFT kit online to be delivered to you
- Wearing a face covering in crowded places and on public transport – and wherever else it is appropriate
- Washing your hands or using sanitiser regularly
- Meeting others outdoors where possible or open windows when meeting indoors
Support is still available for those that need it
Cornwall Council’s Coronavirus Information page has information on the following:
- Business support
- Financial support
- Mental health support
- Help to get food
- Local Covid-19 data
- Changes to local services
- Testing and vaccinations
- Roadmap out of lockdown
Liskeard Town Council Update
Town Council Reception Service
The Reception Service remains closed to visitors, but is still available via telephone, email and in writing to 3-5 West Street, Liskeard, PL14 6BW.
Office hours are 9am to 1pm Monday to Friday
01579 345407, option 1.
The Public Hall is open for bookings. We ask that you wear a mask when entering the building.
For all booking enquiries, please ring 01579 559565 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Museum/Tourist Information Centre
The Museum and Tourist Information Centre in Pike Street are now open
Monday to Friday – 10am to 4pm (closed 12.30 to 1pm for lunch)
Saturday – 10am to 1pm
Closed Sundays and Bank Holidays
The Town Council meetings are now being held in person again. Agendas for meetings will be placed online the week before the meeting on the Committees page. Should anyone wish to comment on an item or attend the meeting please email the clerk of the relevant meeting as per the Committee page.